But I digress.......
Nesting.....to those who are parents already, you chuckle, I know, at the ideas of nesting. And I know why you chuckle. We claim it's for the baby's benefit, but it so isn't, is it? That baby can't see past it's nose, and really won't care one way or the other if you have a clean shelf for your entire Star Trek series! Nor will it care if your clothes are all clean and put away in the closet ready to be grabbed at a moments notice. Really, all that baby knows is damn this is soooooo not what I am used to!! PUT ME BACK!
Therefore, I have decided that I am going to be a techno-nester! That's right...my nesting is going to be for my benefit and sound mind (and I realize some of you may chuckle at that idea in and of itself....hush you!)
Techno-nesting: The art of preparing your techno world for a baby.
- Currently, I have filtered by 12+ emails so that there are very few emails that will actually go to my inbox, therefore requiring very little of the precious few hours left of being not a parent of a newborn!
- I have prepared all of my "vacation" notices so that no one is offended that I have not immediately responded. (Of course that is for the few people in my life I do immediately respond to. The rest will merely want to know why I haven't responded say, after a week or so!)
- My blogs have also been prepared to state the news that I am away parenting a new one.
- My voicemail will soon have the important information (Name, Date and Time of Birth, and that I won't be answering phone calls until our period of initial bonding is over).
- My work email and VM will not only state I am away from my desk, but it will not give a time in which I will be returning. ha ha on YOU!
- I am also in the process of buying a ridiculous amount of memory sticks because I want to be the type of new parent who shows a million pictures to every unsuspecting soul around me!